Sunday, February 20, 2011

None but Jesus

This morning, during our worship gathering we sang some of these words:
 -"in the quiet, in the stillness, I know that You are God - In the secret of Your presence I know there I am restored"
-"there is no one else for me - none but Jesus"
-"all my delight is in You Lord, all of my hope, all of my strength"
-"You alone are worthy of our praise forever"
-"Glorify You alone"
-"Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord, God Almighty"

As we are singing and as we are leaving the stage, I have to ask myself, "does my life reflect this?  Do those who interact with me know that there is no one else for me but Jesus?"  If not, then I know something has to change...because He did give His life for me and He does choose to know me despite how filthy I am.   And...saying I'm a Christian, going to church, and bringing His name up every now and then does not do Him honor.   I owe Him ALL that I am...every second - every breath.

Our home group has been reading through the book "Celebration of Discipline" and the first chapter was on meditation.  One of my favorite quotes from that chapter was this: "Inward fellowship of this kind transforms the inner personality.  We cannot burn the eternal flame of the inner sanctuary and remain the same, for the Divine Fire will consume everything that is impure."

In all of our busyness, it is so hard to take the time to be quiet before the Lord, but I think this is possibly what changes me the most...to be in presence and be aware of who He is...just to sit and be in awe.  How can that not change me if I truly spend time dwelling on the vastness and greatness of God?

One of my favorite passages is in Isaiah 6 when Isaiah saw the Lord seated on the throne and saw the seraphims crying "holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty: the whole earth is full of His glory."  Verse 5 tells us that we he saw this he cried out to God and said "Woe is me!  I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips..."

If you have taken the time to read this, this is my challenge for you today...Set aside 10 minutes, find a quiet place - read Psalm 139 - now re-read it, slowly, taking in every bit of what you are reading...then sit in the quiet, in the stillness and know that He is God...and be restored.

"There is no one else for me - none but Jesus"

No comments:

Post a Comment