Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Accountability

There are blogs on worship every where you turn around, so why would anyone start a new blog on worship?   To be completely honest, the biggest reason I chose to actually start this blog is for accountability.  We are called to worship Him - to passionately pursue Him - on a daily basis and that can be so hard to do.   We get wrapped up in family, friends, work, and...yes...even church; in doing so, we so often leave our actual worship/pursuit of Him behind and just stay busy.   I am certainly a Martha by nature, so I have to find ways to force myself to sit quietly and listen to my Creator.  Of course, once I do, I am reminded of how amazing it is to be in His presence and hear His voice; even worth something maybe not getting done today so that I have that time with Him.

Psalm 19:1-4 says, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.  There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.  Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."

We serve an amazing God - the Almighty Creator of the universe - the One who spoke the word into existence - the Sovereign Lord who knows what is yet to come - the same God that created each one of us and knows every, slight little detail about what we think, how we feel, and what path we will choose.   And despite our failures and bad choices, He has chosen to pour His unbelievable grace out on us - His love supersedes any failures we have experienced or mistakes we have made...that alone should spur us on to live every single day in complete & utter awe of Him.

God has given me an insane passion to lead others in worship and to teach what that means to live that out in individual lives.   So...I have decided to share my journey of worship with you...struggles and victories and share a journey of worship as we pursue our Lord & Savior together.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have joined the blogging world! It is a wonderful way to share things you have learned. Looking forward to reading your future posts. <3

    ReplyDelete