Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Life of Peace??

Very simply put, my act of worship today has been to not worry.   I am a worrier by nature; I like things to be planned out - I like to know what to expect next, to be sure my bases are covered; I don't like being unsure, unaware or caught off guard.

There are a lot of things going on in our family right now- decisions that need to be made, projects that have word to be done, but are also waiting on others.   I am most definitely a planner with my lists and spreadsheets that make me feel comfortable and I don't like depending on others to decide what happens next (okay, so maybe I'm a bit of a control freak)...  ;)   Because of that, I think God knows that sometimes He needs to put me in a spot where I am forced to wait on Him and depend on Him - just to remind me which one of us is sovereign.

In the midst of everything, I am reminded by Psalm 139 that God created me and knew every day of my life before I ever drew a breath; therefore, despite my uncertainty, He does know what tomorrow brings, what decisions I will end up making (right or wrong), and how He will use those decisions to bring Him glory.   Another one of my favorite passages says:
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.    James 1:2-6

Romans 12:1-2 tells us to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy & pleasing to God - that this is our act of spiritual worship.   So...today...I choose to live in His grace & His peace - to not worry about any of the decisions I have to make, but to know that He already knows what is coming and what needs to happen.   Instead of worrying and trying to figure out what I'm "supposed to do", I choose to "let His mighty Spirit fall on me" - to get lost in His amazing, awesomeness/ His sovereignty and to ask Him to reveal decisions to me in His time.

What decisions are you wrestling with today?   Instead of wrestling with yourself, take a few minutes to be in awe of our Creator, listen to "Spirit Fall" by Chris Tomlin or "Waiting Here for You" by Christy Nockels (both are Passion) and get lost in His presence for 7 minutes...then go live today in peace - as your act of worship - knowing that your Lord & Savior knows what tomorrow brings.   Then walk away "singing alleluia" knowing that the one who controls the wind and the waves is in control of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment