Thursday, March 17, 2011

Funny how life changes...

I have to admit I have really been struggling lately.   I've been allowing things in life to overwhelm me and have let my disciplines slip.   It's funny how much that can change things in daily life; funny how much your perspective changes when your focus shifts.

My view of God hasn't changed and my love for Him hasn't changed.   I could still go to church on Sunday and worship Him; however, it is different.   Because I have allowed my disciplines to slip and haven't been setting aside every day to adore Him and worship Him; I haven't set aside time to allow Him to pour Himself into me...something would be missing if I didn't set it right.  
John 4:23-24 says, "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”  In order to truly worship Him in spirit and truth, we must be sure we truly understand truth and claim in.  In John 15, Christ says "Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.  I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.  By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.  As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love.These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."

In order to truly worship Him in spirit and in truth, I must be abiding in Him...allowing Him to overwhelm me daily in such a way that it is obvious to those around me.   Crazy how easily the things of this world get a foothold in us...it doesn't take much in our humanity to get lost in daily schedules, athletic rehearsals, cleaning, budgets, jobs, school work...yet we were created to know our Creator.  We were created to abide with Him...why does that so easily become the last thing on our list - the thing we don't have time for?  How can we honestly call ourselves followers of Christ when we follow other things all week long?

Praise God that salvation is a gift & doesn't require our faithfulness; but sanctification is a process that requires us to constantly remind ourselves of this amazing gift from our Creator and His forgiveness every time we fall off the path and lose our perspective.

Take a few minutes today to thank Him for His grace and His process of sanctification.   Look around today in this beautiful weather and take a few minutes to be in awe of our Creator and this incredibly gorgeous world He has given us...then set your perspective straight and be sure the rest of your day shows your awe and adoration of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment